Declaration of Public Holiday in the State of Kelantan on Sunday 11 September 2016 in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidiladha
The Deputy State Secretary of Kelantan, Dato’ Haji Adnan bin Hussin, issued circular SUK.D200(01) 15/1/1Jld.II(115) dated 30th August 2016 informing that 11th September 2016 has been declared by the State Government as a public holiday for the state of Kelantan in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidiladha.
2. Companies in Kelantan with collective agreements or terms and conditions of employment which provide for paid public holiday on all public holidays gazetted by the Federal or State Government will have to observe Sunday, 11th September 2016 as a paid public holiday. To those who need to operate on 11th September 2016 may either substitute, 11th September 2016 with another day as a paid public holiday or pay the employee who works on 11th September 2016 the specified rate for work on public holiday as provided under the collective agreements or terms and conditions of employment.
3. Companies in Kelantan who by virtue of their Collective Agreements or terms and condition of employment do not observe all the public holidays gazetted by the Federal or State Government but observe only specified number of public holidays, are not legally obliged to observe Sunday, 11th September 2016 as a paid public holiday.
4. Please be advised that the said public holiday as declared by the State Government of Kelantan is not within the ambit of Section 60D(1)(b) of the Employment Act 1955 as it was not declared under Section 8 of the Holidays Act 1951.
5. In the event, companies in the State of Kelantan observe 11th September 2016 as a paid public holiday and the said day is a rest day, the company shall by virtue of proviso to Section 60D (1) of the Employment Act 1955 grant a paid public holiday on the following working day in substitution of the said public holiday.
6. You may download the copy of the Circular SUK.D200(01) 15/1/1 Jld.II (115) by the Malaysian Employers Federation (MEF) dated 30th August 2016 for your own perusal HERE!